October 2016: Your Checklist for Success
Upcoming – for Girls, Troops, and Families
Circle of Excellence:
- Each spring, Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa celebrates our volunteers at the annual Circle of Excellence event. We want to make the next event epic, and we need your input. Please take our survey to tell us what you think would make a great event! This survey is open to both volunteers and families.
- Did you know that the council and GSUSA offer trips for girls in grades 4 and up? Check out our Travel page for more information – our Chicago trip for girls completing grades 4 or 5 this year is open for registration!
- Troops and Girl Scout families can view and register for events around the council from the Events Calendar on our website. You can also find program kits and field trips online!
- Don’t miss out on these two new programs – each with a special patch and bag included:
- October 14: Science Explorers – An evening of side-by-side learning at the Science Center of Iowa for both girls and adults led by STEM experts.
- October 29: Incredible Women in Science – Take a tour through the DuPont Innovation Center and enjoy a series of hands-on experiments with women scientists at DuPont Pioneer.
Program Aide Training:
- Do you have Cadettes who would like to share their knowledge and develop leadership skills? Encourage them to sign up for the next Program Aide Training in Council Bluffs on October 8.
Fall Product Program:
Juliette Product Program Participation:
- Does your Juliette want to sell Fall Product? Let us know by filling out the Juliette Parent/Guardian Agreement Form. (Juliettes are individually registered Girl Scouts, an option for girls who choose not to join a troop or cannot find a troop that works with their schedule/location.)
Summer of Service Wrap-up:
- Troops and girls that completed a Take Action project or helped in your community this summer, please complete the Summer of Service Form by November 1. We want to hear how girls are making a difference!
Fall Leader Retreat:
- Register for the annual Fall Leader Retreat by October 2. Get all of your trainings done, network with other volunteers, and have a blast at Camp Sacajawea October 7-9!
- Time to renew your First Aid/ CPR Certification? Check out the following opportunities.
- Our virtual Roundtables are held each month by conference call. Register for the date and time that works for you, and call in from work or home to chat with other leaders about ideas and best practices!
- October 5 & 13 – New Leader Roundtable
- October 18 & 27 – Brownie Leader Roundtable
- Check out the calendar for more sessions
- If you are a Troop Leader, Troop Product Manager, Service Unit Manager, or Service Unit Product Chair, be sure to submit your Volunteer Agreement Form. Product volunteers, once your agreement is complete, you’ll receive an email with your login for Nut-E, so you can manage your troop or service unit’s Fall Product Program!
Troop Catalog Update Form:
- Have you completed a Troop Catalog Update Form, showing your troop’s meeting information for the year? We’d also love to know if you’ve got room for a few new members! Girls are waiting, all across the council.
Planning Your Parent Meeting: